Popeye’s to be closed for three weeks in EP


Eagle Pass, TX - The management of the local Popeye’s restaurant in Eagle Pass was forced to close the facility to the public to repair the kitchen area that caught fire last weekend, apparently due to electrical issues.


The restaurant is located on the busy corner of Main and Bibb streets and it was during the early hours of Saturday when the fire alarms were activated and mobilized the fire department that arrived to respond to the incident.

Reports from fire chief Manuel Mello indicate that the first responders who attended the emergency concentrated in the kitchen discovered that a frying machine is where the fire originated causing partial damage to the building.


The closure will last between two and three weeks, said local employees who have been preparing for the necessary work since early this week.




Cierran Popeye's tras incendio


Eagle Pass, TX - La gerencia del restaurante local Popeye en Eagle Pass se vio obligada a cerrar las instalaciones al público para reparar el área de la cocina que se incendió el fin de semana pasado, aparentemente debido a problemas eléctricos.


El restaurante está ubicado en la concurrida esquina de las calles Main y Bibb y fue durante la madrugada del sábado cuando se activaron las alarmas contra incendios y se movilizó al cuerpo de bomberos que llegó para atender el incidente.

Informes del jefe de bomberos Manuel Mello indican que los primeros en responder que atendieron la emergencia concentrados en la cocina descubrieron que una máquina freidora es donde se originó el fuego causando daños parciales al edificio.


El cierre durará entre dos y tres semanas, dijeron los empleados locales que se han estado preparando para el trabajo necesario desde principios de esta semana.