Cigarette causes outbreak of fire at Caravan Shelter


Piedras Negras, Mexico - On Sunday afternoon a migrant's cigarette allegedly caused an outbreak of fire at the Piedras Negras designated caravan shelter.


According to Piedras Negras authorities, the sale or use of cigarettes is now prohibited at the shelter due to the fire outbreak caused in the interior of one of the facilities.

There were no reported injuries, only minor material damages to the plastic of the shelter.


The Civil Protection and Firefighters controlled the fire in less than 3 minutes according to the press release:


"The sale and consumption of cigarettes in the Migrant Shelter is suspended due to fire in a warehouse, originated at 5:10 pm on Sunday, February 10. The fire alarm was attended by elements of Protection and Civil and Fire that are permanently in place, being controlled in less than 3 minutes, without posing a risk to people. Although only plastic was burned in the warehouse, the place was protected and the Municipality will take charge of repairing the metal curtain. The efforts of the three orders of government continue to safeguard the integrity of the migrants and, especially, guarantee the safety of the nigropetenses," read the release.




Cigarrillo causa estallido de fuego en el Albergue de Migrantes

Piedras Negras, México - El domingo por la tarde, un cigarrillo de un migrante supuestamente provocó un incendio en el refugio de caravanas designado en Piedras Negras.

Según las autoridades de Piedras Negras, la venta o el uso de cigarrillos ahora está prohibido en el refugio debido al incendio causado en el interior de una de las instalaciones.


No se reportaron heridos, solo daños materiales menores al plástico del refugio.


La Protección Civil y los Bomberos controlaron el incendio en menos de 3 minutos de acuerdo con el comunicado de prensa:

"Queda suspendida la venta y consumo de cigarros en el Albergue de migrantes por conato de incendio en una bodega, originado a las 17:10 horas del domingo 10 de febrero. El conato de incendio fue atendido por elementos de Protección y Civil y Bomberos que de manera permanente se encuentran en el lugar, siendo controlado en menos de 3 minutos, sin representar riesgo para las personas. Aunque en la bodega solamente se quemó plástico, fue resguardado el lugar y el Municipio se hará cargo de reparar la cortina metálica. Continúa el esfuerzo de los tres órdenes de gobierno por salvaguardar la integridad de los migrantes y especialmente, garantizar la seguridad de los nigropetenses."

Powered by Smart Ad

smartadtrans.png
  • Facebook Social Icon

© 2020 by Eagle Pass News Leader.